The Immortal Ayurvedic Herb
The Immortal Ayurvedic Herb that has left us all in wonder of its various health benefits
What if we told you this Immortal Ayurvedic Herb never expires and is considered a holy substance in Ayurveda?
What if we told you, it is thought to kill anything in the body that causes mortality (free radicals, toxins, unwanted substances)?
What if we told you, it affects the body on a DNA level and cleans and feeds the organs?
What if we told you, its prabhava, or special quality, is that it is seen as the killer of any disease - especially when used with other medications appropriate for the condition. This means that if it is used with another herb, it will perform better in the body!
Have you ever heard of Shilajit but wondered what it is?
Yes, Shilajit - the immortal ayurvedic herb we are talking about. In a nutshell, Shilajit is an extremely mineral-rich sap that secretes from the rocks of the Himalayan mountains and other geological regions across Asia and Europe. There are several varieties depending on where it was found, what temperature and humidity levels existed, and the energetics and ingredients of the rocks it came from.
For medicinal purposes, the black variety is most commonly used. The exact origins of this substance are unknown, but it is understood to be a composite of certain plant nutrients in the form of a resin. What we do know for sure about Shilajit is that it has superb health benefits.
How does Shilajit Work?
Shilajit has a particular affinity for the urinary, kidney, and reproductive systems. It has a dry yet heavy quality contains heating energy (virya), and has a pungent post-digestive effect (vipaka). It reduces all doshas but can increase pitta if taken in excess.
Shilajit contains more than 82 minerals, including the following: manganese, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, sodium, phosphorous, and copper. It has the highest amount of organic calcium than any other source, and because the calcium is in its raw form, the body absorbs it completely.
Why would you take Shilajit?
The following is a list of some of the main reasons a person would take Shilajit:
- Excellent rejuvenation of the urinary and lipid tissues. Shilajit is a lekhana, which scrapes accumulated fat and toxins from the organs and tissues. Relieves many urinary disorders, including painful urination
- Helps heal broken bones
- Helps nervous system issues
- Improves and nourishes the reproductive system. Helps with several male and female reproductive disorders. Increases sexual potency
- Diabetes- regulates blood sugar levels already in its normal range, edema, and scrapes fat, preventing type 2 diabetes.
- Rasayana for the entire body and immune system. In Ayurveda, it is understood that Shilajit adds years to a person’s life: if they take Shilajit every day for 5 years, their life will increase by 5 more years. It works on the body's mitochondria and affects the DNA, so it is considered a cellular rejuvenator
- Superb energy booster
Process of collecting and cleaning Shilajit for consumption
If you have heard about or are worried about heavy metals in Shilajit, have no fear. In their raw form, Shilajit rocks contain some impurities that need cleaning. It is a very rare and interesting substance, and here is some more information about how it is collected and processed:
Method of purification of Shilajit
- Prepare Triphala decoction as per the standard procedure mentioned in Ayurveda texts.
- We procure the rocks of raw Shilajit stone and soak the stone in Triphala decoction for 2-3 days.
- Shilajit softens up as a result, and the mixture of Shilajit and decoction is boiled on a medium flame until it begins to thicken.
- It is then left still to settle.
- A few thick mineral particles of Shilajit along with a few particles from Triphala (as the raw Shilajit stone is purified with Triphala decoction as per classical purification procedure) will settle down at the base (We do not use any artificial chemical or solvent or additive to alter the consistency of the Shilajit paste).
- The supernatant fluid is separated, filtered using cotton, and boiled on a medium flame until it thickens.
- It is heated until it appears as a thick crust-hardened material.
- A sample of it is lab tested to ensure the absence of any heavy metals.
*COA and Independent test results from Eurofins Testing Lab are available
Why do we call it the Immortal Ayurvedic Herb?
Shilajit If mixed with honey, will enhance the performance and benefits of the honey. Additionally, it will increase the effects of allopathic medicine- for example, if one takes antibiotics and Shilajit at the same time, the Shilajit will make the antibiotics work even more. This is because Shilajit makes other medicines more bio-available and bio-adaptive as they work in the body.
If this is not reason enough, what is! Shilajit not only has its own healing properties at the DNA level, but it also enhances the healing properties of other medicines and supplements.
It is essential to realize that it takes 3-4,000 years for a rock of Shilajit to be formed. THREE TO FOUR THOUSAND YEARS! Just imagine how many seasons and sunrises the constituents of that rock has seen. No wonder they are so compacted and full of beneficial minerals and substances.
- By Stevie Paul
We offer Shilajit in paste form, extract powder, capsules and tablets to suit your requirements. If you have tried Shilajit and it has helped you in any way, do let us know in the comments below.