Tagar: 7 Wonderous Health Benefits Of This Ayurvedic Root
Ayurveda is a traditional Indian system that has been in practice for thousands of years. It is based on the concept of balance between mind, body, and spirit to achieve optimal health and well-being.
In Ayurveda, The Wondrous Tagar is a herb that is known for its calming and sedative properties, making it a popular alternate supplement for insomnia and anxiety. With this herb added to your daily routine - You will worry less, relax more!
Tagar is astringent (Kashaya) and moist in nature, hot in potency, and bitter (Tikta) in taste. It balances and pacifies all Doshas like the Vata, Pitta, Kapha.
Other Names for Tagar: Tagara, Indian Valerian, Valeriana wallichii, Kutila, Natam
7 Wonderous Health Benefits Of This Ayurvedic Root
Tagar is a popular herb used for its numerous health benefits. Here are some of the benefits associated with Tagar:
- Promotes relaxation and restful sleep: Tagar is known for its calming properties which promote sound sleep and duration and help reduce insomnia.
- Reduces anxiety and stress: Tagar has a natural ability to reduce anxiety and stress levels in the body, making it a popular choice for those looking for alternative ways to manage their mental health. It helps to calm the mind and promote relaxation.
- Improves cognitive function: Tagar has been shown to improve memory and cognitive function, making it a useful supplement for those looking to boost their brainpower.
- Eases headaches and migraines: As it has anti-inflammatory properties, it can help reduce the severity and duration of headaches and migraines.
- Supports respiratory health: Known to reduce symptoms of respiratory conditions like asthma, bronchitis, and coughs by helping to reduce inflammation in the lungs.
- Aids in digestion: Tagar is Katu in taste and hot in potency which helps in digestion of the Ama and thus balancing the Dosha and keeps the body healthy.
- Period pains & spasms: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Tagar is known to reduce muscle pain including abdominal pain and cramps during menstruation.
How To Consume Tagar
- Tagar powder- 1-3 gm of powder in divided doses with warm water or as directed by the physician.
- Tagar capsule- 1 capsule twice a day with water or as directed by the physician.
If you are interested in exploring the benefits of Tagar, it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner who can guide you in the proper use and dosage of this herb.
Caution While Using Tagar
- If you have high Pitta, hot flashes, or any body heat related symptoms, Tagar can make it worse. Speak with your practitioner before using.
- While Tagar is generally considered safe, it can cause drowsiness and should not be used before driving or operating heavy machinery.
- It may also interact with certain medications, so it is important to consult with a healthcare provider before using Tagar if you are taking any prescription drugs.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid using Tagar, as there is not enough research to determine its safety for these populations.
Overall, Tagar is a versatile herb with a variety of health benefits that can be easily incorporated into your daily routine. It can be a useful tool for promoting relaxation and improving sleep quality. However, it is important to use it with caution and under the guidance of a healthcare provider to ensure its safety and effectiveness for your specific needs.